International Moon Day Group
The United Nations approved the creation of the International Moon Day (IMD) as an annual educational, cultural and scientific event. The International Moon Day is observed annually on 20 July to raise awareness among the public and generate support for sustainable Moon Exploration and Utilization, with the first celebration taking place on 2022. The International Moon Day encourages and promotes events around the globe on 20 July, including community panel discussion, lectures, webinars, concerts exhibits and screening of educational videos.
The International Moon Day Group (IMD-G) is a project within the Moon Village Association that organizes the implementation of IMD. IMD is fully in line with MVA mission and objectives to promote the development of lunar exploration in addressing the largest public, scientific, educational, industrial communities.
What does it involve?
The Project Secretary of the IMD Group is a voluntary position (10 hours/week)
They will be in charge of the day-to-day operations, in particular through the following activities:
- Plan the activities and allocate the tasking to individual members of the IMD Group
- Keep track of all communications and follow up with various stakeholders and report to the chair
- manage the general schedule towards the IMD celebration date
- manage the issuing of the planned deliverables
- prepare the IMD-G meetings
- provide a monthly progress report to the Chair of the IMD Group, the MVA President and Oversight Committee
What are we looking for?
In assessing your application, we look at the following:
- Ability to prioritize workload and ability to meet deadlines
- Develop highly desirable leadership, organizational and management skills
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Past experience in volunteer positions
- Experience using web platforms like wordpress
- Experience/familiarity with the space sector or Moon related activities
- Experiences working in a team and leading teams
- Familiarity and comfort with using different software and online platforms such as Microsoft Word and Excel, google apps, and Slack
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- Cross-Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
What’s in it for you?
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. However, you will be at the forefronts of onboarding and interacting with the MVA and IMD network. As such, you will have an opportunity to:
- Help put together impactful global and local events, the results of which may shape future activities of IMD
- Be recognized as on a organizing team member on the IMD website
- Work with MVA’s and IMD’s global team, and partners and sponsors
- Gain early bird access to MVA events and activities
- Benefit from registration discounts and other unique opportunities only available to MVA team members
- Interact closely with leaders of MVA working groups, projects and board members
- Be recognized by the IMD-G and MVA for your contributions via certificate/letter of acknowledgement
- Work with and learn from the best people in the world
The Project Secretary will be selected by the Chair of the IMD Group, with the involvement of the MVA President, after an open external call.
If you feel like this is the position for you, please submit your CV and a short introductory letter with your motivation statement through the form below:
Application Deadline: 23:00 CEST, October 11 2022